- Ultra-Fast Dual-Band Speeds: Experience smooth 4K/HD streaming and intense online gaming with speeds up to 1.9 Gbps (1900 Mbps - 600 on 2.4 Ghz and 1300 on 5 Ghz).†
- More Reliable Coverage: Achieve the strongest, most reliable WiFi coverage with Archer A8 as it focuses signal strength to your devices using Beamforming technology and 4 antennas.
- Connect More Devices: Simultaneously communicate more data to more devices without slowing down using MU-MIMO technology.‡
- Advanced WiFi Features: Smart Connect and Airtime Fairness ensure your devices are on the best available WiFi band while ensuring old devices don't slow you down.
- Full Gigabit Ports: Create fast, reliable wired connections for your PCs, Smart TVs and gaming console with 4 x LAN and 1 X WAN.
- Parental Controls: Block inappropriate content and set daily limits for how much time your children spend online with Parental Controls
- Easy Setup: Set up your router in minutes with the powerful TP-Link Tether App
- A modem is required for most internet service providers
I wrote this review with a heavy dose of input from my husband, who is a retired IT professional.We had a problem with the router supplied by our internet provider. It was causing all the devices on the network to lose their connection multiple times per day. The provider sent us a new router, but it was a "black box" device that did not allow for configuration by the user or even the provider's tech support personnel. So we decided to buy our own router. After quite a bit of research, we picked this one.PROS-Good speed at 600Mbps for the 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps for the 5GHz band.-It is configurable by the user. I can sign on to the admin page via my browser and change settings. The setting we most wanted to change was the default DHCP server lease time setting. For a home network such as ours that always has the same devices using it, there is no need to have short (i.e., hours long) DHCP lease time setting. The constant renewing of the lease can cause connection issues for the devices. At least, that has been our experience.-The device seems very stable. Since swapping it in for the internet provider's router, we have had no dropping connections whatsoever. We are quite pleased with this router.-2 year warranty.CONS-The maximum DHCP lease time setting was only a couple of days, unlike a previous router I had, which allowed you to go up to 30. But this is not really a big disadvantage. I have not noticed a problem with it.
Good price, easy ordering, delivered in time Wow
Best of the Best!!!
What an amazing router/Access Point. I have gone through several AP to find the best one that can provide me the best signal through out the house. And let me say, ‚ÄúWOW‚Äù. I had 6 (Six) WiFi Deco units through out my house and they couldn‚Äôt come close to this Router /AP. I returned all Six and now extremely happy with only 2 Archer 8 TP Link Routers/Access Points. Best decision made to cover my entire home network!!!
Easy for Old Non-Tekkie to Set Up
I had a problem with my printer and was advised to get a WP enabled router. So I got this one. I have NO CLUE about anything technical, much less about computer stuff, SO I got this since I watched on You Tube and it was touted as easy and efficient. It took me less than 5 minutes out of the box to have it set up, replacing my old router. The minute it began working I could see a definite difference in response time to my devices on wifi. My Ring home security cameras were responding quicker. This router gives you a choice to set it on Smart Control and at first I did that but my printer STILL wouldn't print out correctly. Once I turned the Smart Control off it printed perfectly well. I like this router. I'm pleased with the item and like that it didn't take calling their customer service line to figure out how to set it up.
So Far So Good, but No Monitoring
Using our AC1900 (Archer A8) in access point mode to provide WiFi coverage in our basement (wired connection to Altice Modem/Router 2 floors above). Will be plugging our TV into one of the included ethernet ports. Setup was very easy, following instructions on sheet included in box. With no tweaking whatsoever, we are seeing 220+ Mbps on 5GHz connected devices (for cable package up to 300 Mbps). Have not yet checked coverage anywhere other than basement. Negative: I have the ability to see a list of connected devices (IP and MAC addresses), but see no ability to monitor how much data each device is using. I would love to see this sort of info. At a very minimum, I would like to see total throughput, but cannot find any statistics through the web interface or the tether app.